PATIENT SAFETY PROTOCOL
In light of the recent stay at home orders we wanted to reach out and let you know, we are here for you. As an essential service, our office will remain open. While many things have changed over this past year, one thing has remained the same: Our commitment to exceptional dentistry and your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority, and you may have seen this during your recent visits in the past. Our processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the California Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We closely follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendation.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
Please rest assure that we are taking the following precautions:
- Our office will communicate with you within 24 hours before your appointment to ask COVID -19 screening questions. You will be asked these questions again when you arrive at our office..
- We may ask that you wait in the car before your appointment to control the patient traffic in our office.
- We have installed protective barriers and HEPA air purifiers in the common areas and operatories to protect our patients and ourselves.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office, after the screening is conducted. You will also find hand sanitizer stations in the reception area and other places in the office, for you to use as needed.
- We will take and record your temperature upon arrival at our office as a part of the screening process.
- You will be asked to wash your hands and rinse your mouth with a special pre-rinse once you enter the operatory.
- Masks must always be worn by all persons for the entire visit. We will have you remove your mask for your procedure only.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or other reading material. We will further minimize paperwork in our office and conduct as much business as possible through our digital patient management system.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. You may be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment to ensure everyone’s safety. We appreciate your understanding.
- We will be disinfecting common areas and frequently touched surfaces on an hourly basis.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to our office at (925) 837-1742.